Rules for the appointment and payment of academic and social scholarships to students
in the Kiev Higher Professional School of Construction and Design
I. General issues
- The effect of these Rules applies to students who study at the Kyiv Higher Professional School of Construction and Design by a state (regional) order at the expense of the general fund of the state (local) budget.
- Students are awarded the following scholarships:
1) academic – based on the results of training in the KPPU of construction and design;2) social – on the basis of laws that establish state benefits and guarantees regarding the appointment of social scholarships for certain categories of citizens.
- Rules for the appointment and payment of academic and social scholarships for the construction and design of the KPPU were developed in accordance with the CMU Resolution No. 1050 dated 12/28/2016, “Some Social Security Issues”, CMU Resolution No. 1047 dated December 28, 2016 “On the Amount of Scholarships in State and Communal Educational establishments, scientific institutions “and are made public not later than a week before the beginning of the semester.
- Scholarships are set up to resolve issues regarding the appointment and deprivation of academic or social scholarship (including controversial ones), provision of material assistance to students, encouragement of the best of them for their academic achievement, participation in social, sporting and scientific activities by the order of the school’s director.The scholarship committee includes the head of the educational institution, representatives of financial units, deputy directors, senior masters, representatives of the organs of pupils’ self-government. In its work, the scholarship commission is guided by laws and other normative and legal acts defining the rights and responsibilities of the persons studying, the procedure for the appointment and payment of scholarships, the charter of the KPPU of construction and design.Upon submission of the scholarship committee, the director approves the register of persons who are awarded scholarships, in the case where the decision of the scholarship commission does not contradict the requirements of the legislation and the rules of the scholarship of the corresponding educational institution.
- Scholarships are paid once a month.The scholarship is awarded from the first day of the month following the completion of the semester control according to the curriculum, for the period up to determination of the results of the next semester control.In the case where the term for completing the training of the person receiving an academic or social scholarship comes before the end of the month or the scholarship expires from the educational institution until the end of the period of study, they receive a full scholarship for the last month of study.In the period of temporary disability, confirmed by the certificate of the health care institution, the person receives an academic or social scholarship in the amount allocated to her.While attending a practice or conducting another work activity with the permission of an educational institution, the scholarship retains the right to receive a scholarship.Fellows who are called for military service in connection with the announcement of mobilization, during the term of their stay in the military service, a scholarship is paid in the amount established in accordance with the Procedure for appointment and payment of scholarships by results of study in the last before the prize semester.Students who studied under the state (regional) order and renewed their studies after such leave after the leave, the academic scholarship is awarded in the amount that is set for the person in accordance with the Procedure for appointment and payment of scholarships for the results of the last (before the break in study) semester control.
- In case when a student is entitled to free food, but the educational institution is not able to provide it, an academic or social scholarship is paid to a person without taking into account the reduction in its size.
Scholars who have children under the age of three and continue their studies in full-time form (with leave from production) receive monthly allowance provided for by law and a scholarship awarded in accordance with this Procedure.
- In order to improve the standard of living and encouragement for success in education, participation in public, sports and scientific activities, the educational institution has the right to provide material assistance and encouragement to students who study at the state (regional) order at the expense of funds provided in the estimates of the educational institution.
The procedure for using funds provided for the provision of material assistance and promotion is developed by the educational institution and approved by the Pedagogical Council.The Scholarship Commission makes a decision on providing material assistance and encouragement separately for each person and each payment.
- Students who studied under the state (regional) order and are on academic leave on the basis of medical indications in accordance with the order of the head of the educational institution, within the limits of the funds provided for in the estimates of educational institutions approved in accordance with the established procedure, a monthly allowance of 50 percent of the minimum ordinary normal) academic scholarship.
Students from orphans and children deprived of parental care of persons from among them, as well as persons who have been left without parents during the period of study at the age of 18 to 23 years, the allowance is paid in the amount of the social scholarship they received before the beginning of the academic year leave for medical indications.The persons mentioned in this clause for persons suffering from tuberculosis, the benefit is paid within 10 months from the day of the onset of temporary disability in a double amount.
- Students who according to the Law of Ukraine “On the status and social protection of citizens who suffered as a result of the Chornobyl catastrophe” have privileges during the appointment of a scholarship, an additional social scholarship is paid out at the expense of the funds provided by the state budget for implementation of measures for liquidation of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster. the amount is 130 hryvnias.
II. Appointment of a scholarship
- Kyiv higher professional school of construction and design within the limits of the funds provided for the payment of scholarships, solves the issue of the appointment of academic and social scholarships to students:
1) from among orphans and children deprived of parental care, persons from among them, as well as students who during the period of study aged 18 to 23 were left without parents;2) among persons who according to the Law of Ukraine “On the Status and Social Protection of Citizens Affected by the Chornobyl Catastrophe” have privileges when applying for a scholarship;3) from low-income families (subject to obtaining appropriate state aid in accordance with the legislation);4) who are disabled children and invalids of groups I-III;5) who, on the results of semester control, have an average score of not less than 7;6) who, in accordance with Article 5 of the Law of Ukraine “On Increasing the Prestige of Mining Work”, have the right to appoint social scholarships;
7) what Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to certain Laws of Ukraine on State Support for Participants in Combat Actions and their Children, One of Their Parents Who was Death in the Area of Counter-Terrorist Operations, Armed Conflict, or During Massive Civic Protests, Children registered as internally displaced persons for vocational and higher education “, a grant of a social scholarship is guaranteed.
- Academic scholarships are awarded from the first day of the month following the semester control in accordance with the curriculum, for the period until the determination of the results of the next semester control.
Students who do not receive academic scholarships are not entitled to social grants (except for orphans and children deprived of parental care, persons from among them, as well as students who are studying at the age of 18 to 23 years of age left without parents)Students who for the first time apply for or renew the right to appoint a social scholarship submit scholarship documents to documents confirming their right to receive scholarship benefits and guarantees in accordance with regulatory enactments.The scholarship commission decides on the appointment of a social scholarship within three working days.
- Academic scholarship in the minimum amount is assigned to: students who, according to the results of semester control, have at least one subject (discipline) less than 10 points in a twelve-point; first year students to first semester control.
- In case when on the results of the study the student’s achievement is 10-12 points per twelve point from each subject (discipline) obtained during the semester control, the amount of the academic scholarship increases by 45.5 percent.
- Students with a term of education of no more than 10 months who have completed general education institutions studying the basics of livestock and agricultural machinery, as well as from the number of persons discharged from the Armed Forces, the amount of the scholarship is increased by 20 percent, the pupils who is disabled by visual and hearing – by 50 percent.
- Students who, according to the order of the head of the educational institution, have been renewed to study according to the state (regional) order, in case of availability of the right to appoint a social scholarship, such a scholarship is appointed in accordance with the procedure and within the terms specified in the Procedure for the appointment and payment of scholarships.
III. The size of the scholarship
- The size of the minimum ordinary (ordinary) academic scholarship for students is 415 UAH per month.
- The size of the social scholarship for orphans and children deprived of parental care, as well as students who were left without parents at the age of 18 to 23 years-1,000 hryvnias per month;
- The size of the social scholarship for persons entitled to appoint social scholarships on the basis of regulatory legal acts, which set state benefits and guarantees for certain categories of citizens – UAH 377 per month;